- Sit straight with knees bent. Grab hold of your ankles with eyes looking forward.
- Inhale and lengthen your lower back; exhale and slowly lift up your feet away from the floor. As you use your abs muscles to keep balance, pull your legs closer until your thighs are gently pressed against your front torso.
- Point your toes and set your calves parallel to the floor, with your waist and back kept erect.
- Look to the same direction with your toes. Do not lean backward instead distribute weight equally to your sitting bones. Sit on your sitting bones.
- Focus attention on your smooth breathing and further straighten your back at each inhalation. This could be very helpful for the maintenance in a balancing pose.