Do you hardly get to spend quality time with your spouse? It is no surprise that most of us are running against time. Between hectic schedules and various other commitments, we do not get any quality time to connect on a deeper level. With so much stress being put on health and fitness, the only way that you can get the best of both worlds is partner yoga, or couple yoga. This form of yoga combines the traditional yoga practices into the realm of relationship, allowing you and your spouse to connect on a deeper physical and emotional level. It keeps the chemistry alive in your relationship while also awakening the senses!
· Sit facing your partner
· Ensure that a gap of 3 feet is maintained between the two of you.
· Now hold each other’s hand.
· Raise your legs as high as you can and balance for a few minutes before returning to your normal sitting position.
· This pose helps in stretching and strengthening your arms, legs, abdomen and shoulders.
· Start by sitting cross legged in a back to back position
· Reach back and link elbows with your partner.
· Exhale as you lean forward, entering into a forward bend and pulling your partner into a gentle back bend.
· This is an easy technique to master.
· Ask your husband to lie flat on his back on the floor mat.
· Ask him to bend his knees while you take position and sit on his soles holding his ankles for support.
· Now your husband must raise his legs up in the air so that his hips are in a straight line with his ankles.
·This pose helps you, sitting on the top, to stretch your torso, and shoulders, while your husband below exercises his lower back as well as legs.
· This partner yoga pose is performed sitting face to face, as the name suggests, with knees touching each other.
· Place your right arm behind your back with your forearm parallel to the floor.
· Now reach for your left hand and grasp your partner’s right hand.
· Be mindful of your right shoulder while doing this as you pull the left hand of your partner into a twist.
· This posture massages your abdominal organs and improves blood circulation.
This posture helps you re-explore the childlike innocence and calm. It restores peace in the body and relieves muscle tension.
· Ask your partner to lie on your back so that both your spines are aligned and touching.
· Now ask your partner to extend their arms upwards or out to the sides, with legs extended downwards.
· This engages your abs and strengthens your partner’s spine!